Saturday, January 15, 2011

We Came , We Saw , We Raced and Chris Hill Wins Cold Stroke Classic !!!




Yo Surfriders ,
Drake and I wandered up to W.B. and tried our hand at SUP Racing , and had a blast . We took 11'2" Hobie ATR's and rung what we brung . Drake finished ahead of me by a couple hundred yards as old Drakey boy is fast . It was a crazy 1 hour sprint{ 3.5 mile lap of Harbor Island } , don't know where I finished in middle of pack and don't really care as working that hard and just finishing was rush . Local hero Chris Hill won the 14 elite division , as those guys are bad ass paddling 2 laps at 7 miles . Here's a pre race shot , shot from the starting line to my left as I was in the middle and the initial sprint was crazy . Even popped off an action shot during race . Thanks Drake it was awesome running our first race together and I had alot of fun. Will post our times after banquet tonight. Zog


No comments:

Post a Comment