Sunday, May 23, 2010

Archieve Shot

Evening Surfriders,
Here's a young Blogmaster Zog in September of 1980 . I was a upcoming high school senior in Hatteras competing in the ESA East Coast Championships . We were surfing between heats up north of motels at Ramps , now what is called Canadian Hole. The parking was a small access road on the other side of the road as the parking lot and showers were years from being built and this was one of the best and most popular breaks in the outer banks . I was riding a 5'10' double wing rounded pin twin fin with double channel through the fins shaped by East Coast legend Claude Codgen of Sunshine Surfboards . This board would be totally relevant in today's alternative board market , boy do I wish I could have that one back . If my rusty memory serves me correctly { it was 30 years ago } I was surfing with the Nelson brothers , Jeff Wolfe , Dean Sox and I 'm sure a cast of other SENC surf characters. The photo was taken by Carolina Beach's own Jeff Proetsch . If you have any cool old shots get them to me I'm sure everyone would love to see them and here the story. Stay safe the terrorist season goes full swing this week , and I don't want to see any of you in a professional manor. Keep the Stoke , Zog







1 comment: