Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Go Pro , Go Samantha

Yo Surfriders , the surf lived up to the forecast and was super fun this morning , solid shoulder high with bigger sets and straight offshore . Got out at 6:30 and Brian and Brad were already lighting it up on their SUP's . Those 2 surf great and the 3 of us had it all to our selves for at least and hour before a few more paddled out . I rode my 11 '2" Hobie ATR SUP and had a blast , starting to figure that tanker out , lots of fun .
That brings me to my second point , the trials and tribulations of the fledgling surf photographer . The water is still a little cool for swimming with the Go Pro in the line up so I've just been trying to shot while standing or paddling on my SUP. Saw and missed so many good rides this morning {sorry guys everyone surfed great} and took a beating while trying to catch the few I did . When I came home there was 1 jewel in the blurr of videos and images and this is it . I wasn't having much luck with video , so I switched over to 3 shot burst , and as I was paddling back out when another perfect set rolled in and Samantha caught it . I dropped down to my knees , ditched the paddle and caught this Awesome image as Samantha went flying by. So there I was on my knees , on an 11' SUP and boy did I take a beating. The surf gods must have looked down and said " look at that kook , he's praying for a beating let's give 'em one ". Well I took a couple more on the head while trying to reclaim my tanker and paddled back and caught tone more fun waves . I sift through the video tonight and try to find a little material for some You Tubin ' , but the suns out and I'm going back for more.
Have Fun and Keep on Surfin' , Zog

No comments:

Post a Comment